In order to pass data from Universe to another different application (such as Saleforce.com), that application must also support Zapier integrations. You can find a list of all the applications that support Zapier here.
To get started with Universe on Zapier:
1. Sign up for a Zapier account here.
2. Select Make a Zap!
Set up a Trigger
A Zapier trigger is what initiates the data to be sent from one application to another. A trigger for Universe is when a new order is created, or a new attendee is added to your event.
3. Under Choose a Trigger App select Universe
4. Next, select which Universe Trigger you would like to set up.
The Ticket Sold option will trigger when a purchase has been made through Universe and contains Attendee information, such as name, email and any custom questions you may collect.
The Order Sold option will trigger when a purchase has been made on Universe and contains Buyer specific information and any custom questions you may collect from them. Buyer information is collected once per order.
5. Once you've selected the Universe app and selected your Trigger, click the 'Connect a New Account' button.
6. You'll then be prompted to login to your Universe account (unless you are already logged in). Enter your Universe email and password into the form, and select the 'sign in' button.
7. Next, give Zapier permission to access your account. Click “Allow/Accept” to continue and then 'Authorize' Universe on Zapier.
8. You can test the connection of your account by selecting the 'test' button.
9. Select which listing you would like the data to be transferred from. Only information from this listing will be sent to the app you are connecting with.
10. Once you have selected your listing, make sure you test to make sure everything works. We have listed common errors below.
11. Select the 'Save + Continue' button
Set up an ActionNow that you have set up a Trigger, you now have to set up the Action, or in other words, what happens once the Trigger happens. An action could be "create a new contact in Salesforce", or "send me a slack message".
Note: Steps will differ based on the Action App you choose.
1. Choose an action app for the integration you would like to set up and click 'Continue'. You must have a pre-existing account with that app in order to set up an integration.
For this example, we are going to use Google Sheets to create a new row in a google sheet, every time a new ticket is sold. You must have a Google Sheet already created, with the appropriate column headings added (such as email, first name, last name, address).
2. Select the Action you'd like to create from the list provided for your selected Action App.
(Since the trigger takes place only when a new ticket is sold (and not updated), the Action I am selecting is Create Spreadsheet Row. For other apps, you will want to create a new record as the action.)
3. Next, give Zapier any required permissions needed to set up up the integration for your selected Action App. You can confirm the success of the permissions given by testing the connection. Once successful, click 'continue'.
4. Choose the spreadsheet that you want to have the new tickets or orders added to.
5. You will need to map the available Universe fields to each column in your spreadsheet to populate them with your attendee data.
5. Finally, you can test this action for any issues. We have listed common errors below. Once successful, click 'finish'.
7. Next, name your Zap and turn it on.
8. Once successful, you'll see a confirmation page.
Troubleshooting your Universe and Zapier Integration:
Orders Sold Are Not Triggering:
If attendee information has not been sent to your `action` application it may be processing in a queue which usually has a turnaround time of anywhere between 1-5 minutes.
Cannot see your Event listing from the dropdown inside Zapier:
Please ensure you have at least one event listing within Universe. If you do not have a listing, please create one and retry the dropdown.
Cannot see your attendee information being populated:
It is important to note that in order to use Universe & Zapier together you should ensure that you have an event listing that is **Live** on Universe and is accepting bookings.
An attendee updated their information, but it’s not reflected in the integrate app:
Currently, we support two triggers; one when an order is processed (buyer info) and one when a ticket is issued (attendee info). If you would like to request additional triggers, let us know.
Can I use other integrations than the ones provided?
Yes, you can choose from over 500 apps that Zapier offers integrations with. To see the full list, go here.