1. To customize an event, you'll need to set your event details first. To do so, log in to your Universe account, then click the 'sell tickets' button on the top of the screen. If don’t have a Universe account, you can sign up for free and post an event by selecting the 'sell tickets' button.
If you'd like to customize an event you've already created, head over to your dashboard and click on the event you'd like to edit.
2. If you are setting up a new event, once you fill in your event details and select the 'save and continue' button, you'll then be on the 'Design' tab from the menu down the left side of your page.
If you are editing an existing event, select the 'Design' tab from the menu down the left side of your page.
NOTE: we recommend uploading an image that is 500 x 500
4. Next, select a Theme for your event. You can choose between 'Universe', 'Bold', or 'Cinematic' themes. When you click on a theme, a preview of your event page will show on the right. Once you've selected your theme, click the 'save' button towards the top right of your page.
NOTE: You can preview your event to see your design selections at any time by selecting the 'view' button from the tabs at the top of the page.
5. Next, select the 'Photos' button on the left side of the page to set the photos for your event.
a) Select the 'cover photo' button and choose a photo from the options provided, or upload your own, and click 'save'. If you choose to upload your own cover photo, we recommend choosing a large, high quality photo.
b) To edit your 'event photo', click the event photo button and choose a photo from the selection provided or upload your own. Once you've selected an event photo you will be directed to the 'Crop Photo' tab. When you are done cropping, select the 'Save' button to set your event photo. This photo will show on social media and when browsing events on Universe. We recommend uploading an image that is 500 x 500.
c) If you'd like to add a photo slideshow to your event, select the 'photo slideshow' button and upload photos by clicking the upload box to select a photo from your computer or drag files that you'd like to upload into the upload box. We recommend uploading square photos to this section.To further manage your photo slideshow, select the 'Manage Photos' tab, to remove or crop any images you have added. Once done, click the 'save' button.
6. Next, to customize the order that each section on your event page is displayed and which sections are shown or hidden, select the 'Sections' button. From the list, you can hide/unhide each section by selecting the 'eye' icon beside each title. To re-order your sections, click and drag any section on the list to where you would like it show. Once done, click 'save'.
7. Once you've set the order of your event sections and determined which will be shown or hidden on your event page, you can further manage the sections by hovering your mouse over each section on your event page (displayed on the right) and select the 'edit' button. A pop-up will then appear, once you are done customizing the section, select 'done' for your changes to take effect.
8. Next, select the style icon by clicking on the paintbrush tab. From here, select a color palette for your event page. To see the different options, click on the color palette at the top of the style section and choose your colour scheme from the selection provided. Next select a font for your event page by clicking on the font button and choosing from the selection. Once you are done, click 'save' towards the top right of your page.
9. When you are ready to publish your event, save any new changes and select the 'Publish' button towards the top left of the page.
To view a guide on Managing your event, click here.
For further information on designing your event page, feel free to contact us.