Easily manage the door of your event with Ticket Manager, a free app for Apple and Android Devices that enables Universe event hosts to accurately and efficiently scan tickets/manually check-in attendees and sell tickets at the door.
Ticket Manager is available as a free download from Apple’s App Store or Google's Play Store
How It Works:
Checking guests into your event is easy; all you need is your iOS or Android devices, and the Ticket Manager app. No additional scanner or device is needed.
Hosts can check in attendees at the door using Ticket Manager on multiple devices simultaneously to ensure quick entrance. Our servers take note – no ticket can be scanned more than once.
How To Scan Tickets and Check In Attendees:
1. Download Ticket Manager for free from the App Store (Apple) or from Google Play (Android)
2. Open the app and log-in to your Universe account.
NOTE: Click here for information on adding users to your 'Organization' with At-The-Door permissions only.
3. Once logged in, you will see a screen to scan the ticket QR code. By default all upcoming events and ticket types will be selected, and will be able to be scanned in as valid. This can be filtered for your desired guest list you want scanned in at the door (for example, only 1 specific event page or ticket type). If this is not needed, skip to step 5.
4. To filter your guest list, select the Guests button from the menu located along the bottom of the screen and then the Filter button in the top left corner of the page to set which events and ticket types you are checking guests in for. On the ‘Select Events’ screen, tap to select or unselect events. If an event is not selected, any tickets to those events will not be able to be checked in. Press ‘Next’ in the top right hand corner,select the ticket types you are checking people in for and press ‘Done’. This will generate a guest list of all attendees with valid tickets to the events and corresponding ticket types you have selected.
Note: Tap any attendee from your guest list to view additional information that ticket.
5. To scan, hold your device over the QR code barcode on the attendees ticket. Centre the barcode and the camera will automatically focus and scan the ticket. When the ticket is successfully scanned, their Universe profile photo (if available), name, and quantity of purchased tickets will show up. QR codes can be displayed either electronically or printed off.
6. To manually check in an attendee (rather than scanning their QR code) select the search icon in the top right corner of your screen and start typing the attendees name. Once the name appears on your list, you check them in by tapping their name. Once checked-in a blue check mark will appear.
Note: Tickets can be 'unchecked' once they are scanned or checked in by tapping on the attendee's name. This will make the attendee's ticket valid again.
Note: If the ticket is not valid or has already been scanned, you will see a warning message on the screen. If the ticket has already been scanned, you will have the option to check them in again. You will also hear two distinctive sounds for valid and not valid tickets.
You can track which tickets were scanned in using Ticket Manager in your 'Guest List' and 'Attendees' report from your event's Manage page. These reports are kept up-to-date in real time. Click here to learn how to access your reports.
3. Once logged in, select the Sell icon from the menu along the bottom of your screen. A list of all of your upcoming events will appear. Select which event you would like to sell tickets to by tapping on the event title. Then click 'Next'.
Note: Tickets that are set to be available Everywhere (default) or At The Door Only will be displayed in the app. Any Ticket Types set to Online Only will not be bookable in the app. You can edit this at any time on the Edit page of your event.
4. Build your order by setting a quantity for each ticket type in the order. You can set a quantity by tapping on the plus or minus sign beside each relevant ticket type. Once you’ve selected all ticket quantities for the order, select ‘Checkout’.
5. If the buyer is paying by credit card, enter the buyers first & last name, credit card information, email address (so they can be emailed their ticket / receipt) and any additional fields you have set. Once you have typed in their information, press ‘Confirm Booking’ to process the payment. You will see a confirmation on the screen when the payment is complete. If the order is free, the credit card fields will not show. If the buyer is paying outside of Universe, select the 'Cash' tab at the top of your screen and enter the buyers information to process the order.
If you have a Universe card reader, you will be able to plug it into your devices headphone jack and swipe credit cards rather than manually entering the buyers information. If you'd like to obtain a Universe compatible card reader for your at-the-door ticket sales, you can order them from our online store. Read our post on How to Purchase a Universe Card Reader to learn more. If you have a Universe Scanner, your device will be inserted in the sleeve to allow you to use the devices scanner and credit card swiper. To inquire about Universe Scanners, please contact us.
For information on creating a Ticket Manager Team to enable people to check-in attendees and sell tickets at the door for your event, without logging someone into your account or sharing your log-in details, click here.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Universe is the marketplace for events. We help event organizers sell tickets and bring people together for meaningful experiences in the real world. We work with thousands of event organizers worldwide and provide them with advanced tools to sell tickets, promote, and manage events online.