It is absolutely free to create an event page on Universe and it only takes a couple minutes to set up. Your event page is where people can view your event details, buy tickets, or register for your event.
Once your event page is saved, you'll be able to customize the design, and access advanced settings to manage & promote your event.
1. Log-in and Create:
To begin, log-in to your Universe account and click the 'Sell Tickets' button located at the top of your screen.
2. Basic Information:
Once you have selected the 'Sell Tickets' button, you can enter all of your event information in the event creation form.
- What is your event called?: Enter the name of your event. The field is limited to a maximum of 75 characters.
- Description: Describe your event and include any details you would like your attendees or customers to know. Describe what you're offering and set expectations. Make sure to specify what is included and what isn't. This is where you can specify important information such as any restrictions (e.g. 19+ event), your refund policy, and how to learn more. Images, links, and videos can be included here as well. NOTE: Our refund policy is 24 hours before the start of your event. If you would like to set a stricter refund policy (e.g. no refunds, refund at least one week prior, etc.), this must be stated in your Universe event description.
- Enter contact details (optional): Enter contact information (i.e. phone number or email) for attendees to reach you, if needed. This information will show on tickets only and is never displayed publicly on your event page.
- Enter a referral code (optional): If you have received a referral code rom someone at Universe or through our Affiliate Marketing Program, enter your code here.
3. Where is your event?:
Indicate where your event will take place by typing in the exact address and venue. Location information will also be shown on tickets in addition to your event page. The Event Location field is the venue and the Address is the exact location of your event. Setting your location will also set the Display Currency for your event.
4. When is your event:
- Type in the start and end date/time for your event. You can choose to hide this date across your entire listing, tickets, and event communication by selecting the 'Don't display the date' check box. The hide date feature is available only for events with a single date/time. For more information on hiding the date, click here.
- If your event is happening on multiple dates, you can add more dates to your event by selecting 'Add another date'. If you add multiple dates, guests will select the date/time they would like to attend from a drop down menu on the check out form.
5. What tickets will you offer?:
- You can create one or more ticket types for your event. Type in the name of the ticket, set whether it is 'Paid', 'Free', or 'Buyer Chooses'. Then, set the 'Price' or 'Minimum Price' (this is applicable for 'Buyer Chooses' ticket types), as well as the Max Quantity of tickets available for that particular ticket type. The quantity you enter will be the quantity available for each date that your event is occurring on. To access the advanced settings for a ticket type, select the edit button (pencil icon) beside the ticket and enter any desired information including a description, availability (ticket sales start and end time), minimum and maximum tickets per order, the status (available, hidden, or locked), and release time of tickets.
- To add more than one ticket type or price point, select the 'Add New Ticket' option or duplicate an already created ticket type by selecting the Copy button beside the ticket type you want to duplicate. You can create as many ticket types as you need. NOTE: There are no service fees associated with free events. For paid tickets, there will be a per-ticket service fee, which you can either absorb or pass on to your buyers.
- You can set a maximum event capacity for your event. The maximum capacity will indicate how many people can register for your event before it becomes sold out. The default capacity is the sum of the maximum quantities for each ticket type. However, you can change this to limit the total number of tickets available across all ticket types.
6. Additional Details:
- Add a note to tickets (optional): You can enter a note that will only show to confirmed buyers. This note will be displayed in the buyer's confirmation email and in their ticket. This note is never displayed publicly on your event page.
7. Social Deals:
Set whether or not you would like to offer a social deal to give buyers a discount when they tweet or share your event. Check or uncheck the boxes by the Twitter and Google+ icons and customize the percentage or fixed dollar amount discount you would like to offer. For more information on further managing social deals for your event, click here.
8. Promote Event:
- Select a category that best represents your event to help people discover your event.
- If you have an event hashtag, add it to the 'Hashtag' field and your hashtag will be added when people tweet or share your event through Universe.
- By default, your event is listed as 'Public' and will be searchable through Universe's directory and search engines. If you would like your event to be private, you can set your event to 'Unlisted', which means that only people with the event URL can see your event page.
8. Save and Continue:
Select the 'Save and Continue' button to create your event. For a guide on designing your event, click here.
Advanced Features / Manage & Promote Your Event:
Once your event page is created, you can click on the 'Manage' and 'Promote' tabs from the task bar located directly above your event page to access advanced settings that allow you to easily manage and promote your event.
On Your Event Day:
You can download and print your event guest list to manage check-ins at the door. Additionally, you can use Ticket Manager, our free at-the-door app. Ticket Manager allows your to scan tickets, check-in attendees, and sell tickets at the door. For more information on Ticket Manager, click here.
For any further questions, feel free to contact us.
Universe is the marketplace for events. We help event organizers sell tickets and bring people together for meaningful experiences in the real world. We work with thousands of event organizers worldwide and provide them with advanced tools to sell tickets, promote, and manage events online.